// Case Study
Autoquip's Torklift T1 (Double Long / Extra Wide) was custom built for the new Broad Museum in LA to help transport the museum's contemporary art collection.
Broad Museum, a contemporary art museum in downtown LA needed a solution for unloading art that would be put in the museum for exhibition. The unit had to serve a dual purpose: 1.) As a functioning scissor lift. 2.) As a surface for vehicles to travel over (45k roll over) when fully lowered.
The Torklift will be used for unloading and loading art collections to and from the museum for exhibition.
1. Raise the lift to the height of the delivering truck.
2. Off-load the product onto the lift.
3. Raise/Lower the lift to the height of the dock.
4. Activate the hydraulic bridge to bridge the gap between the lift and dock.
5. Move the load to the dock.
6. Raise the hydraulic bridge.
7. Lower the lift.
The joystick allows for precise operation and smooth lifting to provide safety in transportation and prevent damages to the art collection. High capacity legs were used to enable the customer to have a 24k axle load capacity in the raised position.
This custom built lift with its double long, extra wide platform and easy joystick control will allow the museum to transport their collection with ease and increase productivity for set up and take down.
Customer: Broad Museum
High Capacity Lifts