The Freight Lift FLM family of 2-post cantilevered mechanical vertical conveyors (VRCs) employs an industry-best heavy duty SEW Eurodrive gear motor drive with instantaneous braking capability that ensures consistent, repeatable stopping and holding of the suspended carriage during loading and unloading. Because the carriage is cantilevered between the guide beams, carriage sizes can be larger. The Freightlift cantilever mechanical family of vertical lifts travels up to 100 feet with capacities to 6,000 pounds and carriage lengths up to 12 feet.
Hydraulic VRCs are often used for material transfer between landings, multi-level buildings, and programmable/automated conveyor systems, which improves use of vertical building space, enhances stability and safety during load transfer, and increase manufacturing efficiency.
Freightlift mechanical VRC's standard maintenance-free high capacity rollers, load jam sensing system, and certified free-fall arrest carriage brakes make it the most reliable, durable, and safe VRC material lift available anywhere.
As with all Autoquip VRC lifts, the Freightlite family offers the customer flexibility to select any number of standard options or to specify one or more custom engineered features to fit a specific application.
Autoquip has designed and manufactured the Freightlift® Brand of vertical reciprocating conveyors in America's heartland since 1991. Freightlift® VCRs are engineered to the highest standards of safety and reliability.
Minimum Platform Width (inches)
Minimum Platform Length (inches)
Maximum Platform Width (inches)
Maximum Platform Length (inches)
Motor Size (hp)
Raising and Lowering Speed Loaded (fpm)
Durability and Quality
- High capacity steel rollers with spiral-wound, Teflon-impregnated bushings produce smooth and reliable carriage movement.
- Heavy duty SEW Eurodrive gear motor drive extends the life of the Freightlift for years and years of rugged, reliable service.
- Synchronized, dual-chain lifting system ensures that the carriage remains level throughout the lift's vertical travel, even with off-centered loads.
- Minimum ¼ inch thick steel reinforced platform minimizes deck deflection, maximizes load stability, and extends life of the platform deck.
- Structural steel guide beams ensure consistent, reliable tracking of carriage rollers and extends the life of the beams
- Spring-loaded guides mounted to the carriage restrict lateral movement and reduce noise of the suspended carriage as it travels in the guide beams.
Maintenance and Warranty
- Heavy duty SEW Eurodrive gear motor requires minimal service and maintenance.
- Maintenance-free carriage rollers require no lubrication.
- Eurodrive gear motor's manual brake release overrides handle to help in lift start-up and trouble-shooting.
- Straddle design places much lower stress on the guide rollers, extending useful life.
- Autoquip offers a 1-year warranty on all parts and a 5-year warranty on lift structure as a promise that you've purchased the industry's most reliable VRC.
- Synchronized lifting chains allow for wider carriage widths.
- Mechanical design enables up to 100 feet of total vertical travel.
- Mechanical vertical conveyors are programmable and can be called or sent to multiple levels in a building or conveyor system.
- Straddle carriage design allows for longer carriage lengths, permits through-loading, and minimizes carriage heights to an extremely low 4.25 inches.
- Load jam sensors suspend engine operation if carriage or its load becomes jammed between landings.
- Motor control panel security requires personnel to activate a secure key switch before resuming lift operation following a load jam.
- Over-travel sensing switch suspends engine operation should the lift continue past the uppermost landing.
- Sensors on all lifting chains stop lift operation and movement if a slack chain is detected.
- Counterweight sensors serve as a back-up safety precaution to slack chain sensors by suspending engine operation when a counterweight is lifted out of the guide tube.
- Certified carriage brakes stop carriage falls in the very unlikely event of a sudden breakage of both lifting cables.
- Standard-issue shaft way barrier bar system improves personnel safety when carriage leaves the upper landing.
- Interlocked landing gates automatically lock once the vertical lift carriage leaves a landing and cannot be opened until the lift carriage returns to that landing.
- Gate status switches prevent lift operation while any gate is open.
- Minimum 3:1 structural factor of safety makes these lifts the most structurally sound lift in the industry.
- Compliance with recognized standards:
- ASME B20.1 - Safety Requirements for Conveyors and Related Equipment
- VRC Application Guidelines - as referenced by ASME B20.1
- NFPA 70 - National Electric Code
- ASTM-A36 - Structural Steel Standard
- ANSI Z535 - Safety Labeling Requirements
- AWS D.1 - Welding Standards
- Applicable portions of OSHA 29CFR1910 - General workplace safety